1. Advance the art, science and sport of fly fishing as a way of fishing most consistent with the preservation and use of game fish resources.
2. Be a political voice for organized fly fishing.
3. Promote conservation of recreational resources.
4. Facilitate and improve the knowledge of fly fishing.
5. Elevate the standard of integrity, honor, and courtesy of anglers.
6. Cherish the spirit of fellowship among anglers everywhere.
7. Establish and maintain liaison with other organizations of anglers and conservationists and government agencies concerned with the sport of angling.
8. Keep its members informed of developments of interest to the membership.